And lots of men and women who are afflicted with acne afterwards find themselves having a new issue: acne scars.
Once acne has cleared, skin tries to fix the harm that has been done by the blot. By generating collagen, it corrects skin. Too small hydration and you are left having a scar that is ruptured.
But, acne scars may cause you to self-conscious as acne, so what do you really do about them? While the AAD indicate things such as surgery and laser treatment, you may also find relief through those less invasive, natural therapy choices.
1.Black Seed Oil
It’s a comparatively common medicinal plant, along with the oil could be found on the internet. Along with having antibacterial and antibacterial properties, the oil is anti-inflammatory. But decreasing inflammation is not the sole manner where it might assist in scar reduction. Studies have discovered it to have the ability to accelerate in addition to enhance wound healing.
2.Rosehip Seed Oil
Marketed chiefly as an option for aging, rosehip seed oil is widely accessible and is safe to use directly to skin. 1 study has also suggested it may be employed as a treatment for scars. Although the research was unique to surgical scars, the oil might be similarly helpful in reducing acne scars. Researchers found that employing it twice per day reduce the appearance of discoloration and scars.
You do not have to go to the pharmacy with this possible acne scar treatment. Honey is employed for numerous medicinal functions, such as wounds, burns, and herpes treatment. And study indicatesTrusted Source it may accelerate wound healing, reducing the possibility of scarring. Researchers found that right using honey can assist with wound clearing and wound cleansing due to its antibacterial properties. It’s also able to combat infections which may otherwise cause further acne to appear.
It is possible to discover aloe vera gel and goods in the drugstores, however, you might also increase the plant yourself. Cut to the leaves and use the tacky gel right to skin.
There’s not any substantial research on the market that demonstrates that lemon juice is capable of eliminating acne scars. Many say they have found great success in implementing lemon juice into acne scars. Advocates say it will help reduce puffiness and even out skin tone. Since lemon juice is highly acidic, then employ only a couple of drops straight to scars.
Really, there are not many recognized natural remedies for acne scars. But, when compared with the numerous more expensive creams and lotions whose consequences are both unproven — there are additional benefits of moving naturally. Significantly, less cost, and few if any negative effects. To put it differently, it does not hurt to test.
- Acne scars: Treatment and outcome. (n.d.)
- Aljabre, S., Alakloby, O., & Randhawa, M. (2015, July). Dermatological effects of nigella sativa. Journal of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, 19(2), 92-98
- Lemon juice (applied topically) reviews. (n.d.)
- Melnick, M. (2011, April 25). Do over-the-counter scar treatments really work? Retrieved from
- Oryan, A., Mohammadalipour, A., Moshiri, A., & Tabandeh, M. (2014, July 4). Topical application of aloe vera accelerated wound healing, modeling and remodeling: An experimental study with significant clinical value. Annals of Plastic Surgery
- Valeron-Almazan, P., Gomez-Duaso, A., Santana-Molina, N., Garcia-Bello, M., & Carretero, G. (2015, June). Evolution of post-surgical scars treated with pure rosehip seed oil. Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications, 5(2), 161-67
- Vijaya, K., & Nishteswar, K. (2012). Wound healing activity of honey: A pilot study. AYU, 33(3), 374-377